Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year everyone!

What will 2009 hold for us all, I wonder? Hopefully it will be a better one than 2008 - not that 2008 was a bad year for me. I got to see my work in print for the first time, I made a writing sale (yipee!), I got a job (several actually), so it was a good year in many ways. :)

Also over Christmas we heard good news - a new niece and nephew are on the way. Little Svetlana from Tula in (West) Russia is due in March to my brother and his wife, and hopefully by June little Michael Nikolai from Blagoveschenck (far East Russia, less than a km from China) will join my sister and her husband. The two little cousins will be close in age, and grow up almost next door to each other - so hopefully they will be friends!

Of course, the 2008 saw plenty of disappointments and sadness too for family and friends, but I am hopeful that 2009 will bring loads more happiness and (writing) success for us all!

So HAPPY NEW YEAR!

3 comments:

Inkpot said...

I'm looking forward to Sveta and Michael arriving. They will make 2009 a good year no matter what else happens. I am looking forward to seeing the LD in print this year as well. :)

Valinora Troy said...

I would love to think that the LD would make it into print at last...!!

Inkpot said...

you never know ;)