Monday, June 23, 2008

MORE ON MEMORIES

Don't forget to keep notes of all your ideas - write or record them as they come to you. It is all to easy to have a great idea only to forget it a short while later.

This has often happened to me. Although sometimes I remember the thought - for instance, I have two ideas from yesterday that I have yet to write down but at this moment I recall them - more often than not I lose them because I don't have a pen or paper or voice recorder to hand. Those wonderful dreams that fade as you wake, the burst of inspiration in the shower (get waterproof ink for that one, or an indelible pen to write on the tiles) or as you sit in traffic.

Em, what were my two ideas again?

1 comment:

Inkpot said...

It is very true. i often get flashes of ideas and inspiration and think 'I'll never forget that' but by the time I get to pen and paper it has gone, leaving only the lovely taste in my mouth. Now, if I can't write them down first off, I repeat the idea over and over in my head until I can write it down. i think one of my biggest fears about writing is that I will forget my work and ideas, but please God that won't happen.